“Five days in Doubtful Sound is an awesome paddling expedition no matter what the conditions. You can expect to experience calm, tranquil times, possibly some wild and challenging times, incredible scenery, hopefully some unforgettable marine mammal encounters along with Fiordland rain and sandflies!
Average to good fitness is needed, with preferably some paddling experience along with plenty of motivation, determination, an open mind and a sense of humour.
- Small friendly groups (8 kayakers per guide)
- Top quality sea kayaking equipment
- Experienced kayak guides (carry group safety and emergency equipment)
- Comprehensive safety and paddling techniques briefing provided
- Te Anau coach connection included (includes pick-ups from most accommodation)
- Operated by Go Orange
- Price: $780 per person for the kayaking, camping and return transport (prices valid until 30 Sep 2018).
- Prior paddling experience preferred – our staff will be in contact to discuss your prior experience and suitability
- Competence in water and moderate fitness required; minimum age 16 years
- Kayakers supply own food
- It is essential you join us at 4pm the day before (at our base in Te Anau) to answer questions and work through details – e.g. food, equipment, advise your height and weight (wetsuit sizing), etc.
via Real Journeys NZ